Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Shocktober Silver Screams Day 3: The Mummy


Day Three needs no explanation. I could go into the pre-code madness that is the great The Mummy, starring Boris Karloff. I could point out how the opening title sequence alone is better than the sum total of most movies in the cineplex this very moment. I could gabba-gabba on and on about how it was directed by Karl Freund, who was the director of photography on Fritz Lang's Metropolis and Tod Browning's Dracula and John Huston's Key Largo.

Lobby card for Karl Freund's 1932 film The Mummy. Boris Karloff is wonderfully
billed here as "Karloff The Uncanny"! 


I could do all of this, or I could just show you my meager marker scribblin's in the semi-form of Boris Karloff as Adreth Bay / Imhotep, the titular Mummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment