Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Paczki

 



I tried some paczki last weekend. Paczki is a traditional Polish donut, round in shape and usually filled with something, be it custard, jam or fruit. There's a bakery 20-some minutes from my house that makes these things, and I don't know how close to the authentic traditional recipe these things are, but they were tasty. It might not be something I drive nearly an hour round-trip to purchase, especially with at least two dedicated donut shops within five minutes of the house, but it was fun to try.

To read the name as it's written, it looks like it's pronounced "packs-key", but it's actual pronunciation is "pahnch-key". The flavors, as pictured in the top photo, were (L to R): top - raspberry, triple berry, Black Forest; bottom - Black Forest, lemon and caramel apple.

Having never been to the bakery before, I have no idea what the typical Saturday's customer concentration is. I made the mistake of going the day before Easter, where I found a line out the door and tempers (staff and clientele alike) twitchy. 

If you happen to be in the Woodbury, MN area, maybe peek in at the Dorothy Ann Bakery & Cafe sometime and see what's bakin'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment